How to make Microsoft PowerPoint (PPT/PPTX) file size smaller using PDF conversion
Presentations 2024 from SoftMaker Office 2024 can convert large Microsoft PowerPoint .PPT and .PPTX files into smaller file size PDF documents. The native PDF export function allows you to take large presentations, export them to PDF, and save on storage space. PDF/A export allows you to make standardized documents for long term archiving. Read below to see how simple this feature is. Depending on how the presentation was created, and graphics were stored, a file size reduction of 50% or more can be achieved.
Adobe PDF Conversion
Open an existing presentation and export to PDF as follows:
- Launch Presentations.
- Click File – Open, select the existing .PPT or .PPTX file and click Open.
- Now click the Export as then PDF … menu on the toolbar.
- Go to the Preferences tab.
- To make the smallest file size, make sure you set up Quality for Low, use JPEG compression for Image Options and do not embed any fonts.
- Click OK to begin conversion.
File Size Comparison
Using the following example document file size reduction was 84% using 30% jpeg compression with embed all fonts . Your results may vary depending on the document content and preferences options.
You can download trial of oftMaker Office 2024 for Windows, Mac and Linux here.