Major new features in all applications
- New licensing model: You can use one universal license of SoftMaker Office 2021 on up to five computers in household running any of Windows, macOS or Linux operating systems.
- Powerful new Research function: Select any term in your document and look it up in a large variety of online dictionaries and encyclopedias.
- Export your documents to PDF/A for long-term preservation.
- The enhanced version control allows you to “travel back in time”: You can not only go back to manually saved states of your document, but also revisit an arbitrary number of automatic backups.
- The dialog box for creating new documents shows all document templates with attractive thumbnail preview.
- You can now convert AutoShape objects to curves. This gives you amazing new design possibilities.
- Create sophisticated designs by combining multiple AutoShape objects into one.
- Create attractive documents using Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG).
- The improved user interface for object sizing enables you to arrange pictures, drawings, text frames and other objects more conveniently.
- The automatic hyphenation with improved hyphenation results lets you write better texts.
- The automatic hyphenation now supports additional languages.
New in TextMaker 2021
- New document templates make creating attractive documents more attractive.
- Enhance your productivity with two customizable sidebars.
- Automatically add fold marks to your pages to make sure you fold them right for an envelope.
- Search your documents using the new sidebar and conveniently browse through the search results.
- Page thumbnails in the sidebar allow for better navigation in large documents.
- The database module has been completely overhauled and now supports additionally to dBASE databases also SQLite databases.
- You can convert your existing dBASE databases to SQLite using the integrated database module.
- You’re organizing your contacts using an Excel/PlanMaker file? That’s fine: TextMaker now supports XLSX and PMDX files as data sources for mail merges.
- TextMaker now supports footnotes and endnotes in the same document, both seamlessly compatible with Microsoft Word.
- TextMaker now supports Word-compatible multi-page endnotes.
- Improved cross references to headings.
- Entries in the table of contents are now clickable, making it easy to navigate in large documents.
- TextMaker now integrates directly with the citation and reference management software Zotero, making the creation of scientific documents easier than ever. [SoftMaker Office Professional]
- For German spell checking and grammar checking, the latest version of Duden Korrektor has been added. [SoftMaker Office Professional]
New in PlanMaker 2021
- With the new page break preview, you can easily prepare your worksheets for printing.
- Pivot tables now support grouping data items.
- New calculation functions have been added, all compatible with the latest version of Microsoft Excel.
- You can now display multiple real-time calculations simultaneously in the status bar.
New in Presentations 2021
- New Media ribbon tab for faster management of your movie and sound objects.
- Create portable slide shows that can be played back on any Windows computer – even if there’s no presentation graphics program installed.
- New transitions enable you to create breathtaking slide shows.
- Many transitions are now seamlessly compatible to Microsoft PowerPoint.
- The new 16:9 design templates let you create attractive slide shows with just a few clicks.